Happy new year!! I can’t believe it’s already 2013. 2012 really seemed to fly by even though i’ve been working full time and living at home. Despite the hardships from this year, it’s been a great one and I’m especially thankful to be surrounded by a warm (and big) family this year with my sis-in-law and cousin living at home with us. In one year we went from a 3 person/1 dog household to a 5 person/3 dog household! Next year, we’ll be a 7 person/3 dog household when my brother gets back and when I finally become an aunt :) Super excited. I feel really blessed for this special time for our family.
I’m also very happy to have spent this year in norcal with Eric. He’s really opened my eyes to and inspired me to think more critically about a lot of things. Also, didn’t think it was possible but he brought out an even weirder and sillier side to me, and vice versa. Sometimes I feel like I’ll never really act my age. Looking at my jolly mom who regularly does impressions of animals like the horses from Cavalia or our little frenchies, that’s not a far stretch.
Anyways, with a new year comes new resolutions. I’m making concrete ones so I’ll actually maybe be able to keep them this time. Hopefully.
1. Rock Climbing. Eric introduced me to rock climbing in 2012 which has grown from a hobby to a budding passion. I’ve gone through some phases in other activities in the past, but climbing is the only sport where I keep feeling the most excitement to keep going, and the motivation to improve (except for snowboarding). I’ve slacked a little in the past few months, but I really want to get better and make bouldering “my sport” next year.
- Climb my first v4 by March, and v5 by the end of the year at LEAST
- Boulder/train at least 3 times a week
- Go on a major outdoor climbing trip every 2-3 months (I can’t wait for the spring and summer again)
- Toprope more (specific goal TBD)
2. Hiking/Outdoors. I started to appreciate the outdoors more last year, thanks to Eric the outdoorsman! I wasn’t as big on going outdoors during my 4 years living in the big city of LA, but after spending more time in San Diego I was sold to the relaxing atmosphere and pretty landscape. Since then we’ve gone to some other cool places like Red rock, hiking in San Diego, Pinnacles, 2 day backpacking trip (don’t remember the name of the place, oops), Castle rock, stinson beach, etc. but I want to do more! For next year I shall:
- Hike at least once every 2-3 weeks
- Hike Mission Peak
- Hike Half Dome
3. Career. It’s been an interesting and stressful learning experience working at my dad’s startup company. It was hard at first but I’ve been able to appreciate all that I’m learning there. Nevertheless, I still need to do more self learning/projects on the side.
- Complete at least 3 design projects by June.
- Do more tutorials on UX and web design (once every 2 weeks??)
- Read one book on design at least once every 2 months
- Do 10+ pushups a day
- Do 100+ crunches a day
- Drink more water
- Volunteer somewhere
- Cardio day at least twice a week.
- Moar photography (and actually upload the pics from the past 2 years. I think my laptop will explode).
Anyways, hope everyone has a the best year ever this year!! I’m excited to start doing the things on my list (who wants to join?!).
May everyone have a healthy, happy and successful 2013 :)